Thank you to all families who have purchased a Device Protection Plan (DPP) so far this year.
What is the DPP?
The DPP is a plan that can eliminate or reduce the costs assessed to families if a Chromebook or Ipad assigned to their child is damaged or lost.
Do I have to purchase the DPP for my child if the device stays at school most of the time?
- Purchasing the DPP is not required, but it is highly encouraged. Some people consider it a user fee.
- Accidents happen. One accidental drop of a device can crack off a corner or crack a screen. The Chromebooks for 3rd-5th grade are 100% brand new. Would you rather pay $60 for each incident of damage or $25 for the DPP for the year? With the DPP, the first incidence of damage is no cost. The second incident with the DPP is $25. Without the DPP, the cost is $60 per incident.)
- If your family qualifies for Educational Benefits, the DPP only costs $5 per student.
What is different for 2022/2023?
- The deadline to purchase a DPP is October 31st, 2022. In the past, the DPP could be purchased until the end of the year to help cover the cost of repairs.
- Damages or loss will be assessed the full amount after October 31st if no DPP was purchased.
How can I purchase the DPP?
- PREFERRED OPTION: Pay via the School Store in the Parent Portal. Click here for instructions on getting to the School Store (English, Spanish, Somali) If you qualify for Educational Benefits, the price will adjust automatically in the Parent Portal.
- Click here if you need help getting into your Parent Portal (you need to use the email address you originally provided to the district)
- Click here for information if you need to register for the Parent Portal.
- OTHER OPTION: Pay in person at FAIR Pilgrim Lane. Pay exact cash ($25) or use a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, Discover). If you qualify for Educational Benefits, you must bring a copy of your approval letter to get the reduced DPP rate of $5.
- You may purchase the DPP also during conferences in the Media Center on October 11, 13, and 18th during certain hours (watch for conference information in the coming weeks).
If you have any questions, please reach out to Ms. Rubin at Tamara_Rubin@rdale.org